Films and audio-visual works for the Main and the Student Competition Programmes, which have been publicly screened? in Bulgaria, have been made available for free online viewing and/or have been projected at other film festivals in Bulgaria are NOT eligible for competing at the 8th Film Palace Fest, Balchik.
Deadline for submission of entry documents, together with preview film copies for selection - in video format, DVD media or *.avi file - March 25th for foreign participants.
Deadline for submission of entry documents, together with preview film copies for selection - in video format, DVD media or *.avi file - April 30th for Bulgarian participants.
Deadline for submission of screening copies of films, which have been selected to participate in the Competition Programme - video formats (The Festival does not accept film prints): BETA SP, DVCAM, DVCPRO and *.avi (video compression: dv/dvcam, frame size 720:576, frame rate 25 fps, audio: uncompressed, sample rate: 48 000 Hz, sample type 16 bit, channels: stereo) - May 20th .
The Festival will not accept screening copies received after the deadline, and the Festival reserves the right to screen preview copies within the Competition Programme (in video format, DVD or *.avi file).
1. Film Palace Fest International Short Film Festival is an annual event, which takes place in the town of Balchik and in The Palace National Cultural Centre. It is open for both individual and institutional participation.
2. Film Palace Fest has six competition programmes:
MAIN COMPETITION PROGRAMME
TELEVISION FILM COMPETITION PROGRAMME
COMMERCIAL VIDEO & FILM COMPETITION PROGRAMME
MUSIC VIDEO COMPETITION PROGRAMME
IN BETWEEN COMPETITION PROGRAMME
Hybrid forms & formats
STUDENT FILM COMPETITION PROGRAMME
3. Films shall not exceed 45 minutes in duration.
4. The Festival accepts individual /each author individually/ or institutional entries /production studios, distribution companies, film academies, national film centres, televisions, artists unions, etc./
5. Entry documents, together with preview copies subtitled in the English language, will be accepted for selection until March 25th for foreign participants and April 30th for Bulgarian participants. The participants who have been selected to compete by the preview jury, must submit unaltered screening film copies subtitled in the English language until May 20th .
6. Entry documents required:
Filled out online Entry Form, which you will find at www.inthepalace.com.
Three stills from each film the authors participate with, which will be posted on the website, in the catalogue and in the press.
Two different photos of the director or the person presenting the film, if other than the director (please, avoid boring passport photos).
Other promotional materials (trailers, posters, etc.).
7. The organizers of the Festival appoint a preview jury, as well as a competent international jury. The juries evaluate the films presented at the Festival. The Film Palace Fest prize fund is 10 000 euro, which will be allocated by the Jury to the following awards:
WITHIN THE MAIN COMPETITION PROGRAMME:
Best director of photography
WITHIN THE STUDENT FILM COMPETITION PROGRAMME:
Best Bulgarian film
WITHIN THE COMMERCIAL VIDEO COMPETITION PROGRAMME:
Best commercial production
WITHIN THE MUSIC VIDEO COMPETITION PROGRAMME:
Best music video
WITHIN THE IN BETWEEN COMPETITION PROGRAMME:
Best In Between
All awards and premiums will be given to the film representatives personally. Awards and premiums will not be sent through post.
9. The Festival will cover the accommodation and sustenance expenses of one representative of each film, based on preliminary accreditation.
Accreditation applications must be submitted before May 24th for foreign applicants and June 1st for Bulgarian applicants.
10. The owners of the film copyright and proprietary rights hereby authorize the inclusion of their work in all festival and follow-up promotional programmes, based on its selection, free publication and broadcasting of film stills, excerpts (wirelessly or otherwise) through any public media for the purpose of presenting its participation in the Festival, including postings on the Festival's website.
All submitted films can take part in special curated programme which will be screened in open projection during the festival week. The selected authors will be announced before June 1st.
All submitted preview copies are automatically entered in the Video Library and made available for individual viewing. All accredited guests have free entrance to the Video Library. Participation in Video Library is free. The festival reserves the right to digitize all works selected for viewing purposes during the Festival.
All the awarded films will be included in CD "Film Palace Fest On Tour" which will be used for promotion of the festival and the authors.
The Festival keeps the right for live streaming during the Festival week, from different sites of Balchik and the Palace.
11. Documents and materials will not be returned /except for the screening cassettes upon an explicit request, submitted within 14 days after the end of the Festival/.
The Festival's director has the right to settle individually all issues, which have not been described in the present regulations.
By submitting the online Entry Form to Film Palace Fest, you accept all terms and conditions, stipulated in the present regulations.